Last week!

 Here it is! The last week of my internship. I have learned so much during my semester with the CTLD. I am so proud of everything I've accomplished and am so happy to be officially part of the team. My goals at the start of the internship were:

  1. I hope to apply my previous knowledge of ID theories and models into the ID work environment. In my coursework I dove into the theories and models that make up instructional design but I hope to make more real world connections to theories within a professional ID workplace and see how instructional designers incorporate models into their work.
    1. I achieved this goal for sure! I was able to call upon several ID models and theories in my day-to-day work in this internship. I was even given the opportunity to record a lecture for EDT 4060 about the ADDIE model, specifically the implementation phase. In this lecture I go over the several ways implementation is used as IDs, the process, why it's important, how it connects to other theories, and how we implement courses. 
  2. I hope to demonstrate and build upon my written and oral skills within an ID workplace. I have created several media outlets to present and demonstrate my written/oral skills but I hope to again make real world connections to the ID workplace. I hope to gain insight into what oral skills I still need to work on when in an ID workplace and observing other instructional designers.
    1. I definitely learned a lot about how to incorporate professional writing and oral skills in this position. I met with several SMEs and learned how to properly communicate with them as well as meeting etiquette via Teams. I have also emailed SMEs and have enhanced my written skills professionally. 
  3. My biggest goal is to collaborate with fellow instructional designers and ask them questions. I of course still have a lot to learn but being able to actually collaborate and work with another instructional designer with more experience will help me to build upon my teamwork skills as well as my technical ID skills. 
    1. This goal was achieved on day one! The instructional design team welcomed me with open arms. I am so proud to say that I am officially a part of the team as a Course Developer. I met with my team regularly and we collaborated on several projects together. I was even able to help out other teams! I conducted a mini training on powerpoint remediation for a different team in CTLD, I'm very proud of this!
This internship was the best decision I have ever made academically. I was able to enhance my skills as an instructional designer and apply my learned skills from the certificate in the real world. I honestly feel so much more confident in myself in this position. I have so much to learn still but I am so exciting for this upcoming cycle to branch out and take on more responsibility. I was assigned courses for next cycle and I am so excited to work on them and put my newly earned skills to the test. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fourth and Fifth Week

End of Nov.